Here is some answer:
Customer engagement strategy has to be local in nature. Customer conversation has to factor in the “local” aspects of the customer. One great technology available for business is geo-location or mapping technology.When a customer or prospect is placed on a map based on his/her address, it provides a set of valuable information which can help business to improve their engagement.
Key areas where business can leverage mapping technology are:
1. developing geographic / location specific marketing and sales ( engagement) plan
2. capturing clients attention if they have opt-in for location disclosure in their mobile application
3. optimizing Sales teams operation in terms of route / territory assignment
4. knowledge of shifting client base – hence readjusting the marketing plan
5. provide location specific data to clients so that they optimize their experience ( location of purchase etc)
Hence, customer engagement has to factor in the location specific information to achieve better results.
Does App world improve engagement ?
Geoffrey Moore , the technology forecaster has published a white paper about how companies are moving from systems which records business activities to systems which manages engagements across the business – customer, employee community and shareholders.
Online Communities has been one of the favorite tool of engagement for businesses. Communities has brought all different stakeholder on the same platform and facilitate online conversations.
Tesco’s Wine Community is such an example.
Some of the key features which will help in the conversations are:
- Food and wine matching recommendations,
- a weekly wine suggestion,
- regular feature on the best of the wine bloggers from across the web
Business which are setting up the online communities should have the ability to capture the insight to the conversations and act accordingly.
Here is a slide deck by Cerado about metrics should businesses track:
Businesses should have a plan how to address these metrics as an ongoing business activity.